February 3rd, 2009APPs, Original, Author: Jonah, Popularity: 28% [?]
Many many our MyPhone or themes have this kind problem: “ Certificate may be not valid, is expired or phone’s date settings may be incorrect ”, " Expired certificate " or " Certificate error " hinting in the .sis, sisx file installation procession. For sure, it's not our app or theme's error reason, cuz, all of our products have been tested OKAY at our onhand 5800 also at other S60 FP1, FP2 these 3rd os models. Also, many many 5800 users have same problem with other popular or famous application worldwide.
This issue happened randomly with some 5800 models, not all 5800 models have this bug, but the rate is pretty high in 5800 model. And we think it's a bug with the new s60 5th os or firmware, and it's not fixed yet till now. Now there is firmware from: V10.0.008, V10.0.010 to V11.0.008 or newer version. Each version may have this problem, but the newer version have much less rate to have this kind bug, and proto device may have very high rate in this.
How to solve or fix this bug:
- make sure to have a SIM card in the phone
- backup any important data you might have (e.g. send you contacts to http://www.ovi.com)
- make sure to have a valid SIM cart in the phone and good network coverage
- restore phone's factory settings ( dial *#7370# pin shall be 12345 )
- when the phone reboots you will be prompted for location, date and time - insert correct values! Taiwan users, may select the Hongkong location to make this bug fixed.
These steps is not for sure step by step, you can try some of these steps according to your condition.
In the end, if you use a make sure okay file (passed the symbiansigned or self symbiansigned), or it means, it works fine in other S60 models or other 5800 models, then you need updated your 5800 according to above methods.
One more hint, if you install an app that is not symbiansigned or only developer symbiansigned, which is restrited to one IMEI only; or the app's certificate valid date is from 2006 or 2007 Feb... to fix this, you can just move your phone's date forward to try. So in these condition, you shall not firstly blame or suspect the 5800 have this kind unlucky bug .
Popularity: 28% [?]