November 17th, 2009Skill, blackberry, Author: owen wong, Popularity: 4% [?]
Hi again, last week we told you some shortcuts in Blackberry home screen. Today we will let you learn more useful shortcuts in message on your Blackberry phones.
While in a message, you can press [R] to reply or press [L] to reply to all. You can forward a message via [F]. When the message list, you can press [Enter] or trackball to open a message. To compose a message, you can press [C]. You can press Shift+Space to move up a screen and Space to move down a screen. To quick move to the bottom of the list, you can press [B] and [T] for the top of the list. Usually, these shortcuts are enough for my daily life. But if you need more shortcuts, here's a list of all shortcuts in messages.
As we all know, Blackberry uses [M] as the shortcut for message, but there's no shortcut for SMS and MMS folder when they are separate. I will also tell you how to quick enter SMS folder. The first is move the SMS folder to the position on homescreen so that you can easily access. But it's hard to reach the folder when the trackball doesn't work well. Another way is press [M] to enter message folder first and then press [Alt]+[S]. It's faster and more convenient than the first way. The last one is that when you've installed Super QWERTY, you can set a shortcut for message like m, enter SMS folder once and press END key to quit. The next time you enter message via Super QWERTY, it will automatically enter SMS folder. This is useful for those who use SMS all the time.
That's the end of today's tips. Blackberry is very powerful in shortcuts. We will continue to share our knowledge on Blackberry. See you next time!
List of Shortcuts for Message:
In a message
- To reply to a message, press R.
- To reply to all in an email message or a PIN message, press L.
- To forward a message, press F.
- To file a highlighted email message, press I.
- To view the email address of a contact, highlight the contact in the To or From field. Press Q. To view the display name, press Q again.
- To move to the last cursor position after you close and reopen a received email message or PIN message, press G.
In a message list
- To open a highlighted message, press the Enter key.
- To compose a message from a message list, press C.
- To mark a message as opened or unopened, press the Alt key and U.
- To view received messages and received call logs, press the Alt key and I.
- To view sent messages, press the Alt key and O.
- To view voice mail messages, press the Alt key and V.
- To view SMS text messages, press the Alt key and S.
- To view call logs, press the Alt key and P.
- To view all your messages, press the Escape key.
Move around a message list
- To move up a screen, press the Shift key and the Space key.
- To move down a screen, press the Space key.
- To move to the top of a message list, press T.
- To move to the bottom of a message list, press B.
- To move to the next date, press N.
- To move to the previous date, press P.
- To move to the next unopened item, press U.
- To move to the next related message, press J.
- To move to the previous related message, press K.
Popularity: 4% [?]